Sunday, December 18, 2011

Update of Sean sleeping

I have no clue what day we are on, I lost track, but I've had a few people asking me how things are going so I figured I would update everyone
So not much has changed...  Sean is still not sleeping through the night, but things are a little better!  The bedtime routine has worked wonders and Sean now falls asleep on his own (in his crib) usually within 5 minutes.  Of course he has his nights where he really fights he's sleep.  Just having him go to sleep on his own is wonderful, I use to dread bedtime.  Having to have the whole house quiet as I nursed and rocked him to sleep for an hour (only to have him wake up as soon as I put him in his crib) Some nights he sleeps better than others but He still wakes 3 to 4 times usually.  Some nights I'm able to get him back in his crib, others I'm out on the couch with him.  As much as this is a pain, I really don't have the energy to fight with him and try to break this habit.  I look at how fast Shay grew up and I know Sean won't be like this forever and it may come a time he doesn't want to have this snuggle time, so I'm trying to look on the positive side and enjoy this time.   Of course I would love for him to sleep through the night in his own crib, but I know this won't last forever and this too, shall pass :)

I am still working on getting a daytime routine in place, it;s hard right now because of the holidays and all the running around we have been doing, but my main goal this new year is to get a daytime routine in pace and stink to it.  

I promise to keep everyone updated if anything changes, I just stopped blogging because I didn't want to write the same thing over and over.  If you have any question feel free to ask, or leave any tips or advice below.

0 comments:

Post a Comment