Thursday, December 1, 2011

Night Two (Sean's sleep routine)

To my surprise, Sean slept from 9pm to 4am last night, a whole 7 hours!!! I can't tell you how wonderful it felt to have 6 hours of straight sleep (even though I woke up to my boobs killing, since I went 7 hours without feeding Sean) I honestly didn't think he would sleep so well on the the first night!  This has gave me a HUGE amount of hope that this is going to work. 
According to the book "Sleeping through the night" Night two is usually worse then night one.  So I wasn't looking forward to putting him down tonight.  We to decided to change his sleep routine to Boobie, Bath, Books, then Bed. I started this routine at 7pm and was finished at 7:30. Tonight went to pretty smooth until we put him in his crib.  The screaming began instantly.  It doesn't get easier letting him cry, my heart just breaks hearing him scream at the top of his lungs and not being able to pick him up.  Me and my husband (James) took turns checking on him like we did last night.  Each time we went in the room he was standing in his crib screaming, we would lay him back down and rub his tummy and tell him "it's okay sweetie, it's time for bed"  We wouldn't stay longer than 30 seconds.  We checked on him in different intervals: 3, 5, 8, 10 minutes.  After James checked on him at 9:10pm it wasn't even a full three minutes later Sean stopped crying and was asleep. The first night Sean screamed for an hour and half, so we were expecting the same amount of time or maybe longer. I couldn't believe it only took 43 minutes tonight, and I think from here on out it will take less and less time.  I look forward to seeing how long he sleeps tonight and can't wait to "hopefully" have another good nights sleep!

0 comments:

Post a Comment